Nobody wants to spend more time than necessary debugging. And, if you are like us here at OSR, you want the time that you do spend debugging to be as easy and hassle-free as possible. That’s why, whenever we have a choice, everyone here at OSR does their debugging using 1394. However, you don’t have to search the OSR ListServer archives very long to find people who have had trouble getting the right 1394 board for optimum WinDbg compatibility and speed. Features of this 1394 PCI Express (x1) adapter:
- 2 external 1394b ports (9-pin)
- 1 internal 1394b port (9-pin)
- Based on the latest, high performance revision of the LSI 1394b to PCI Express OHCI Host Controller, FW643-e
- Tested by OSR and proven to work well with WinDbg.
- Supports speeds up to 800Mbps
- Supports the PhysicalUpperBound register, providing maximum debugging speed on target machines with > 4GB of RAM
- Entirely Windows compatible, even when you’re not using it for debugging.
Why go through the hassle of experimenting? Why take a chance? Step up to good-performing, stable, 1394b debugging using this card.
We have provided some cabling options to consider with your board purchase. Please know, if you order the 6 ft 9-6 (b to a) cable, this will drop the connection speed to 400 Mbps max. on the new 1394b PCIe Board). If you are unsure which cable to order, please reach out to us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.